All aspects of restoration are sympathetically undertaken on antique, vintage & collectable furniture.
- Veneering – matching & patching missing veneer & relaying larger areas
- French polishing
- Colour matching
- Removing stains and marks
- Sympathetic cleaning
- Re-gluing / strengthening loose joints
- Structural repairs & splicing in missing parts
- Turning / carving missing parts
- Replacing missing handles / metal ware
- A good supply of period timbers and salvaged furniture parts in stock
I offer a bespoke furniture-making service, using traditional cabinetmaking techniques, from bookcases to tables, cupboards, desks, chests, as well as many other unusual projects. I am more than happy to discuss a variety of commissions.
My sales area is within Yew Tree Barn and here I keep a well-sourced stock of antique & interesting items as well as some of my own creations .
Yew Tree Barn is a large Lakeland Barn now home to antiques, architectural salvage, a gallery, blacksmith, and wonderful café ! open 7 days a week check their website for details.
Running a business like mine I am always on the look-out for new stock and also pieces I can salvage and use for restoration . I do buy a good percentage of this from private sellers, from battered painted pine dressers, to elegant Georgian settee`s or smaller more unusual items (the stranger the better). The easiest way for a quote is to email me initially with a photo via my contacts page & I will happily get back to you.